If you're having trouble lighting your Moda Gas Firepit please try these troubleshooting steps which may easily & quickly resolve the issue.
Ignitor not sparking/clicking
- Check the AAA battery is inserted in the battery compartment/holder the correct way around. (positive end facing outwards).
To test press the ignite button & look for an electric spark and listen for a clicking sound. The spark will be evident in the small metal box on the top of the firepit (see image below).
- Try replacing the AA battery with a new battery.
To test press the ignite button & look for an electric spark.
- Check the spring in the battery compartment/holder isn't disfigured (Do not remove this spring)
- Is the Hexagon plastic nut holding the firepit ignition box in situ tightly? The image below shows an example of a loose plastic nut.
- If you have followed the above steps & you are not seeing a spark when you press the ignition button; there may be an issue with the connection wire.
Open the fire pit door to see if the ignition wire is coiled up. If it is coiled up (see image below) please connect this wire to the spade clip on the rear of the ignition box.
Is there a spark? Clicking?
- If possible, try & light the firepit with a lighter (for safety ensure the gas is switched on low).
If this works; the issue is likely to be with the ignitor. If it does not ignite with a firelighter please follow the additional instructions below.
If it does ignite with a lighter, you may need to replace this. You can order a replacement from our customer service team via LIVE CHAT.
Once received you can use our self-help video 'How to replace the ignition system on your gas pit fire table'
Gas fire pits are not staying lit
- Check the gas is switched on - can you hear gas?
If you can hear the gas the issue is likely to be an ignition issue rather than a gas issue, please follow the instructions at the top of this page.
- Check the thermocouple (copper wire) fitted tightly to the gas valve?
- On the regulator near the gas bottle is the black switch in the up position?
- If the dial to control the temperature on the table is hard to turn there may be an issue with the valve.